Ok, a little competition for everyone:
Despite being in the midst of what I’m told is the greatest year in gaming EVER, I’ve pretty much been holed up in my apartment playing Oblivion, Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I haven’t bought a lot of new games, and I haven’t really been paying much attention to the gaming news, so I’m a bit out of it.
Here’s where you guys come in. Convince me that I should check out whatever game you think is awesome right now — Halo 3, Assassin’s Creed, Kayne & Lynch (good luck with that one), Orange Box, Mass Effect, etc. Anything you want. The only rules are:
- The game has to have come out since August or so. Before that I was still kind of with it.
- You have to actually make your case — “Yo, get Skate it rulez!” ain’t gonna cut it.
- No Rock Band, Katamari, NHL ’08 or GH3 — I bought those games.
- Once you post your game, I will reply with any concerns/doubts about the game that kept me from buying it in the first place. Reply to that and you could really convince me!
- It has to be for PS2 or 360. If you want, you can try to convince me to get a PSP, Wii, DS or PS3 — bonus points if you actually get me thinking about shelling out for a new system.
The winner is whoever convinces me to get whatever game they’re trying to sell me on. If I end up buying DiRt (which is what I’m leaning towards), then nobody wins. The prize is the satisfaction of knowing you’re a better salesman than anyone at Gamestop.
Let the selling begin!